I took this photo last weekend on the lake, right before the last bit of seemingly relentless rain storms passed. It has an ominous look to it – fitting for how I’m feeling today.
Have you heard tales of bizarro things happening when the planet Mercury is in retrograde (which happens a couple times every year)? If not, you can read about it here. Well, Mercury has been in retrograde since May 18, and will be through June 11.
Here’s a short list of things I’m writing off as Mercury’s doing during this period of retrograde:
– historic flooding (since around the 18th……hmmm)
– the docks at our marina have broken in places due to the flooding and storms, so the dock our boat is on Is in limbo, unable to be brought back to shore for the time being
– our anchor rode snapped unexpectedly while pulling up the hook 2 weeks ago
– I found a bat in my office at work yesterday (the Mexican freetail kind, not the Louisville slugger kind)
– the sewer drain at the house up and died last night (freakiest – and grossest – of all)
And we still have almost another week of this. Have you any bizarre happenings to share?