Francine brought over a humongous bowl of dungeness crabmeat from their haul over the weekend – ginormous hunks of claw meat already cleaned and ready to eat. So, I made crab cakes tonight for the first time, and I think they turned out excellent.
Spongebob would be proud. 🙂
Here is the recipe I used:
– 2 cups dungeness crabmeat, flaked
– 1/3 c crushed cracker crumbs
– 2 Tblspoons mayo
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp mustard powder
– 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
– 1/4 tsp garlic powder
– 1/2 tsp kosher salt
– Juice of 1/2 lemon
– 2 green onions sliced and diced thinly
– 1/2 green pepper diced finely
– Black pepper to taste
1) Mix all of the above together well in a bowl.
2) Form into cakes (6 or so) and dust each with:
3) Heat in large skillet on med high:
– 1/4 c olive oil
4) add crab cakes to pan and cook 4-5 mins, then flip and cook another 3-4 mins.
5) remove and place on paper towel.
Plate with lemon and Dijon mustard remoulade.